Jane Rooney - Specialist Sports Physiotherapist
Jane has a range of qualifications, including:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy with Distinction, 1989
- Graduate Diploma in Manipulative Physiotherapy, 1996
- Specialist Sports Physiotherapist 1997
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Acupuncture Physiotherapist, 2000
- Fellow of the Australia College of Physiotherapists, Specialist Sports Physiotherapist 2009
- Churchill Fellow 2016
Jane Rooney is a Specialist Sports Physiotherapist, sub speciality knee (as awarded by the Australian College of Physiotherapy in 2009), Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapists and Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist (1997).
Jane is one of Australia's most recognised and respected knee specialists and enjoys the academic challenge of complex knee conditions.
She is an expert in the treatment and management of all types of knee injuries, including knee ligament reconstructions, patellofemoral pain and instability, and screening for injury prevention and performance enhancement.
Jane has extensive experience in the Sports Medicine field both in Europe and Australia with 25 years’ experience and has been a senior clinician at Lifecare Prahran Sports Medicine centre for the past 15 years.
Jane is an Honorary Lecturer at Melbourne University and a guest lecturer at La Trobe University. Jane is also a regular presenter for the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Jane has worked with elite athletes at state, national and international levels in swimming, netball, athletics and cycling. Jane has also travelled with the Australian Fed Cup team, Tennis Australia and has provided individual physiotherapy services to internationally recognised tennis players.
During has had a number of notable positions during her professional career, including:
- Team Physiotherapist Australian Federation Cup Tennis Tie, Moscow,Thailand 2004
- Physiotherapist Victorian Cross Country Championships, 1998, 1999
- Team Physiotherapist Thunderbirds National League Netball team, 1996
- Team Physiotherapist Contax State League Netball team, 1996
- World Gymnastic Championships, Adelaide 1996
- Physiotherapist Wimbledon Qualifying Tournament, London, 1994,1995
- Physiotherapist London Marathon, 1993,1994,1995
- Physiotherapist International and National Athletic Championships, London 1994,1995
- Physiotherapist Riverdance, London, 1993,1994
Jane also enjoys cycling, skiing, cooking and trips back to the wine regions of South Australia where she grew up.
Jane is also a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, the Sports Physiotherapy Group, and the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Group of Australia.