Josh Banky – Physiotherapist
Josh Banky has 10 years of experience since graduating with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2008. Since then he has completed his Graduate Certificate of Sports Physiotherapy (2015) and Masters of Sports Physiotherapy (Graduated 2017).
Josh has a keen interest in sporting injuries, lower limb biomechanics and post-surgery rehabilitation. He is also experienced in treating Tennis specific injuries and concerns, tendons and hip/groin injuries.
Josh has previously been involved with pre/post-surgery physiotherapy at the Mercy Hospital with various leading orthopaedic surgeons with a special interest in hip arthroscopic surgery for groin and hip pathology, in particular FAI (femoral-acetabular impingement).
Josh also works with Tennis Australia and provides physiotherapy services for Junior Nationals, Australian Open Wildcard Playoffs as well as ITF and ATP challenger events for professional tennis players. He also does physiotherapy work at the National Academy in Melbourne plus musculoskeletal screenings of the junior academy tennis players for Tennis Victoria.
Josh is currently the physiotherapist for the Victoria Country Representative Football Team, and a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Sports Physiotherapy Australia.
Josh has also had an active physiotherapy sporting history with the following teams:
- Tennis Australia - National Academy, Australian Wildcard Playoffs, ITF events, ATP Challenger events, Junior Nationals (from 2012)
- Commonwealth Games Physiotherapist (2018)
- Victorian Country Representative Football Team (from 2012)
- Great Victoria Bike Ride Medical Team (2010)
- Old Brighton Football Club (2008 - 2009)
- Rowville Sports Academy (2009 - 2010)